Thursday, April 24, 2008

They Grow So Fast...

It amazes me constantly how fast some kids grow. Every time I see a kid that I haven't in a while it always seems like I'm making a comment of something along the lines of "oh my gosh, they've grown so much!" The crazy thing is that it seems like in the past couple of days Sydney has gone to sleep one height and woken-up another. Okay maybe it's not quite that drastic, but she has grown around 2 inches in the past couple of months. At Christmas she was still wearing the odd pair of 2T clothes that I could squeeze her into (I was too cheap to buy many "cool weather clothes" because the "cold" lasts for such a short time here) and when I finally broke down and bought her some new clothes they were 3T. Then about a month ago I went to buy Syd a new bathing suit (her old ones that I was still squeezing her into were 2T's) and thought that I'd get it big and buy a 4T. Yeah, that didn't work so well. She has already outgrown it and now we're into XS (4/5) and S (6/6X) in the kids section! She's almost too big for the extra small bathing suit already but the style of it would make it fall off and stuff all the time so a little small works better than a little big. I did buy one small one though (in a different style that still works even though it's a little big) just in case she goes through yet another growth spurt before the summer is over. I also had to go and buy a bunch of new dresses for her. Syd loves her dresses. She has a couple that my parents have sent her (thanks Mom and Dad!) that she just loves and would wear every day if she was allowed. One is starting to get pretty small, but she's just not ready to give it up yet so it will stay around for a little longer even though it's getting short. No butt hanging out yet, so I figure it's good for a little while longer. But she does have a few others that she wears all the time that are showing a little too much, so they needed to be replaced. So I bought three new dresses (all 5T) to fill in the gaps. I will still have to go and buy her some new shirts because I'm just not that into the whole belly hanging out thing, but well, that's just going to have to wait for a while because Noah's belly hanging out of his shirts is worse than Syd's and well, it's his turn to get some new clothes next. Noah's a whole different story, well, not different really, but exactly the same... he's grown a ton lately too. I can't believe that I'm going to have to go out and buy him 3T shirts. He's still wearing 2T shorts because his legs aren't quite long enough yet for 3T, but the 2T shirts are starting to show a little belly and that's not a great look for a guy. Thankfully I've been given some clothes from friends whose kids have outgrown them so I'm going to have to start going through them to see what I can find that will fit and then go out and buy stuff to fill in the gaps. I don't know what people do who don't have friends to pass clothes along, it's seriously expensive to replace wardrobes as often as it seems my kids out grow them.

No comments: