Oh my gosh, Jeff and I just downed the most amazing dessert ever and it was so simple! I started with "No Pudge" Brownies (fat free brownies) that I made fresh (still nice and warm from the oven) and took all of three minutes to prepare and 35 minutes to bake. All you have to do is add fat-free yogurt to the brownie mix and stir. Couldn't be easier. I guess unless you bought them pre-made, but then they wouldn't be fresh from the oven.
Next I made the greatest caramelized bananas. Again, so simple. 2 tablespoons of butter, melted in a pan over medium heat, then add 1/3 cup of brown sugar and melt, stirring occasionally. Next turn the heat down to low and gradually mix in 1/3 cup of fat-free yogurt (I used caramel because that's what I had) and cook for a minute or two before adding in the bananas (sliced lengthwise and cut in half, making 4 pieces per banana - I only used one but the recipe could easily handle at least 2 or more). Heat throughly and baste the bananas regularly.
Now put a piece of brownie in a bowl, add the bananas and some of the sauce and then top it off with a big scoop of low-fat vanilla ice cream and more sauce. Seriously, our mouths were freaking out after the first bite and it disappeared way too quickly. I will definitely be making this one again, soon! It took only 40 minutes from start to finish, but I was sitting around for a good 30 minutes in the middle waiting for the brownies to bake. If you're not a brownie person (is there really a person out there who doesn't like brownies?) the bananas and ice cream alone would still be awesome. Just remember, this needs to be served right away because the ice cream melts pretty quickly with all the hot stuff on it. But really.... YOU'VE GOTTA TRY THIS DESSERT!
Tuesday, March 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
fat free brownies? come on girl, have some decency.
I know what's going to be on our next shopping list now! luv lee
Post a Comment