So the past little while has been quite hectic and crazy. Jeff has been recording for what seems like forever, but tomorrow morning should be the last time that he goes in for the last few little mixing fixes. Although he has been saying that for the past few times, so you never know. I'm sure that Coop (the guy who is doing the recording) is tired of all of the micro changes that Jeff keeps getting him to do, so this really should be the end. After he gets this done then it's off to mastering and the printing, so it really should be done in the next three weeks or so, but the main, time consuming part for Jeff is done. That means that he should actually be at home more and have a little more time and energy to spend with us. We've been doing fine, but it will be really nice just to have him around more again. Although this weekend he was home for the majority and it was almost weird, not quite sure of what to do - a lot of relaxing to make up for the craziness and not a lot more is what ended up happening.
Sorry if nothing is making a whole ton of sense today. I'm not totally all together with my thoughts today, but I was feeling really bad for the lack of posts recently and thought that I should write something, anything. Also, I wanted to test out our new ergonomically keyboard that we got through our local Freecycle group, If you don't know what freecycle is, you're missing out. Anyways, I've been wanting an ergonomic keyboard for a long, long time, but we've just never had the money to put out for such a luxury item. So when I saw this come up I grab the opportunity - who doesn't like free things that they actually want, or for that matter, free things that they don't even really want all that much. I'm still getting used to it, but it's great. My hands/wrist feel so much better, but it does take a little getting used to.
Hmmm, what else is happening. Well, a couple weeks ago my family was all down here for a holiday. I loved having them here - it was so great getting to see them all again and some for the first time - but it was exhausting. They all spent a couple days down in Palm Beach Gardens with us going to the beach, shopping, church and relaxing, then we all travel up to Orlando for five days - four days at Disney and one day outlet shopping. Disney was amazing, Sydney had such a great time. The first time that she got to meet a Disney Character was priceless. We stood in line for what seemed like forever (the sign said it was only 15 minutes but it ended up being more like 45) but it was so worth it the moment we stepped through the doors and into the little meet and greet room. There were four characters, Donald, Daisy, and Chip and Dale. She started getting so hyper and just couldn't stand still or stop giggling when she saw them and had the hardest time waiting for her time to run up and give them a hug. We took a bunch of pics and hopefully one of them will turn out decent, but because we've been so busy lately we haven't really had a chance to look at the pics and fix them up, so maybe soon I'll put some pics up. Sadly we didn't take all that many pictures the whole time my family was down here. But we figured that with the other 3 cameras clicking away all the time there should be some good shots that they got and hopefully one day they'll actually remember to send the pictures our way (wink, wink, nudge, nudge). Anyways, it took almost an entire week to recover from the craziness that was that week and the kids had a particularly hard time adjusting back to normal routine.
Sydney probably had the hardest time, especially with potty training. I've all but given up now and will try again in a few weeks. It was really hard when we were at Disney to get her to a bathroom and I was just so busy that I would often forget or not want to leave the conversation or whatever that I was in (I know, really selfish - oh well) to take her so it just didn't happen. I also noticed that she just hasn't figured out the whole "I have to pee" concept. She did great when you would take her every 30 minutes or so, but she could never tell you that she had to go. Basically I decided that I'll wait a while and see if she gains that understanding and also take the time to reread a book about potty training in one day and try to actually apply it this time. So pray for us and potty training, it could be quite a struggle and I don't really feel like going through it again, but I know that I have to.
Well, I think that this will conclude today's post. My mind has all but stopped working, although, I'm not totally sure that it was working at any point during this post. If you're interesting in how my cousin is doing, recovering from his crazy car accident, please check out my other cousin's blog that she keeps updated pretty often. Hope you all have a great week!
Monday, May 28, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment