So back to the Rubik's Cube... I messed around with it for way too long in the past couple of days, well, actually not as much as I would have liked, the kids did need some attention after all, and Jeff too. But tonight while Jeff was playing NBA Live 2K7 on PS2 I sat down in front of the computer, Rubik's Cube in hand, determined to solve this puzzle. I googled "how to solve Rubik's Cube" and obviously many other people couldn't figure it out on their own either because there were about 345,000 matches. After trying a couple different sites I found one that I thought I could work with, and it turns out that after many different tries I finally mastered the Rubik's Cube! I spent close to an hour (sad I know) trying and trying to solve it. I'd get really close to finishing it and make one wrong move and be back at the beginning again, frustrated beyond belief, but once I finally mastered which way to turn which side, I was on fire, unstoppable! Well, close to it, I still messed up a few times but was able to catch it before it got to a point beyond repair. When I actually solved the whole thing I was kind of in shock. I didn't think that I had finished it, I had expected a couple of squares to be slightly off, but after turning it around and around trying to find the one that I still needed to work on I discovered that I'm a genius and had solved it without even realizing it.
So that's it, I did it. Some sick part of me wants to mess it up and try and do it all over again, but another part is saying no, just revel in your accomplishment. I'm not sure how long my self control will last at not taking the cube and twisting the heck out of it all to start again, but we'll just have to see. So next time you're in need of a new frustration, one that Child Protective Services won't come after you for throwing across the room (at least not if there aren't any kids in the room or at least in the direction of your throw), pick up a Rubik's Cube from your local Target or Wal-Mart and have fun!

5 comments:
Well done - I'm in awe! - lee
that's awesome, totally blog worthy
I just subbed in a class the other day and a kid had a rubics cube, I tried for like half an hour and only got 2 sides. everytime you get ones side good, you have to mess it up to get the other side....ggrrrr
I just peel off the colors and poof I am rubic cubed...
Dad
So, It's been a while! What's new in your zoo???
Post a Comment