Okay, that was a really, really, really long title, but as Jeff can attest to, I often have a really hard time getting the word that I'm looking for from the back of my brain to my mouth (or fingers in this case) in order to make a more concise statement, so just live with it.
A couple nights ago, Jeff and I were sitting and relaxing at home watching TV and there was nothing on except for the State of the Union Address by the President on every channel. Now Jeff is pretty in to politics and well, I have almost no interest in them at all. So after going threw every channel looking for anything worth watching I gave up and watched the address. But here's where it got interesting. Jeff listened (while working on the computer) and didn't really watch. I watched, but didn't really listen. I think I drove Jeff crazy with all my questions and comments. He actually wanted to hear what the president was saying. I couldn't have cared less. At one point I started counting how many time Nancy Pelosi blinked compared to Dick Cheney. I think the most that I counted was 21 times for Nancy while Dick blinked once. That's a pretty high ratio if you ask me. To make it even funnier (at least to me and a little to Jeff) the next morning Drudge Report had a headline saying something along the lines of "Nancy Pelosi clocked at blinking 25-30 times a minute". I was shocked that I wasn't the only person who noticed this kind of thing, although the rate that she was going made it a little hard not to notice. After about 20 minutes of people watching I think I drove Jeff nuts and decided to go do something else. But it definitely proved a difference between Jeff and I. Wow, the things you can learn from watching The State of the Union Address that have absolutely nothing to do with politics!
Saturday, January 27, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment