A couple of nights ago Jeff and I got to go on a date night and it was awesome. Our good friends Andrew and Lyndsey watched the kids for us. About 7 months ago they got married and Jeff sang at their wedding. As a thank-you they gave us a gift certificate to Bonefish Grill and a promise to babysit the kids so we could go. Well, they're pretty busy and every time that they had a night available we had something happening, but finally our schedules aligned and we got our date night. So we headed out to Bonefish Grill expecting something good, but we got something amazing. We had never been to the restaurant, but had heard great things about it and one of Jeff's worship team members, C.P. is the Manager there. When we walked in the door, C.P. happened to be talking to the hostess and greeted us and took us too our table. The atmosphere was great and Jeff and I felt a little out of place because it was a little above our regular dining locations of Chili's, R.J. Gators, Duffy's or any other loud and quick serviced place. But we settled in quickly and had amazing service. Knowing that we had the gift card we splurged a bit and got an appetizer (the absolutely greatest crab cakes ever!), then ceaser salad (again amazing) and then our main course (Jeff had Chilean Sea Bass with a lemon butter sauce and I had Trout with warm mango salsa). The whole event - it was too great to call a meal - was superb. The service was top notch, refilling Jeff's lemonade even before he was finished and he had like 7 of them, explaining everything perfectly and just plain pleasant and warm. If you're looking for a fabulous night of relaxing and great food, this is the restaurant for you. It's not cheap, more of a Anniversary type place (at least for us) but so well worth it. We'll definitely be going back. If you go, get the crab cakes, you won't regret it.After our great meal we went to check out if there was a movie playing that we could watch, but nothing was starting soon enough, so we did what very few people do on a date night, we went to the library to pick up some dvd's for Sydney and Jeff and to get the last book in the Lemony Snicket's series for me (yeah, it's a sad but true fact that I've read all of the previous twelve books) Once the library closed (we only had like 15 minutes) we couldn't figure anything else to do, so we headed home. It was so nice to come home to a clean home. I remember back to when I was babysitting a long time ago and I would always clean up a bit and wash dishes and stuff, and I knew that the parents liked it, but well, now being on the receiving end, it's truly awesome to have toys put away and dishes washed. So a huge thanks to Andrew and Lyndsey (I'm guessing it's most likely just Lyndsey if gender rolls played out like usual, nothing against you Andrew) for cleaning up, it was great.
So that was our date night. So fun and relaxing, and yeah for us, we barely talked about the kids at all and still had things to say.

No comments:
Post a Comment