Friday, December 22, 2006

Consider This Your Christmas Card From Us...

So I got a little behind on the whole Christmas thing this year. Christmas season almost took me by complete surprise because even now I'm having a hard time convincing myself that it's only three days till Christmas. So because I was so late at getting in to the Christmas spirit, I didn't get my cards out this year. So, if at some point in the past four years that I've been married and sent out card you received one of them, I'm not forgetting about you, or I haven't intentionally left you off my list or anything else like that, I'm just not going to be sending any out this year. So don't start feeling all sorry for your self (like a card from my family is really that life altering that not receiving one changes your opinion of yourself), you're not alone. Last year I sent somewhere around 50 cards out to family and friends and I love doing it. Okay, not that addressing of envelopes, but the whole idea of the cards. It's a great little reminder that I still remember all my loved ones who live back up in Canada and I rarely get to see. It's also nice to send them to people locally or other friends I've met along the way. And I love getting cards in the mail, so I figured other people like them too. Last year I did the whole picture card and that was really special for all the people who I don't get to see very often, but well, again, I was way to late to get on that band wagon this year. So, if you're wondering why the mailman hasn't dropped off a Christmas card from the Thompson family yet, stop wondering and stop checking your mailbox, it's not coming, sorry. But remember, I still love you and remember all of you. Hopefully next year it will either be cooler so I can feel a little more in the Christmas mood or I'll get used to this new Christmas weather so that I can get the cards out in time.

Merry Christmas from the Thompson Family - Jeff, Charlene, Sydney and Noah!

1 comment:

the jordans said...

Thanks for the card = ) Must be so busy now with two! But one of each...so much fun! We love you and miss you and Ruby can't wait to meet the kids = )