I'm so tired of my whole house being sick and tired. I think that I've been in church like 2 times in the past two months. I don't think that there's been even one week in the last couple months that there has been no one in our house who is not sick. Yup, there has always been at least one person sick, if not all of us at the same time. Last night Noah woke up at 1:30 (totally not normal, he usually sleeps 11-12 hours straight without a sound) with a completely plugged nose. Usually I would have just let him cry and fall back to sleep, but Saturday nights are not normal nights at our house. Saturday nights Jeff needs to sleep the best possible, so that means that if any kid wakes up I have to rush in and do whatever I can to keep them quiet so that Jeff can sleep. So last night I got up as soon as Noah started crying and went in to console him. I don't think he was really that hungry as like I said he usually goes around 11-12 hours without eating at night, but I couldn't calm him and get him back to sleep any other way, so I fed him. And of course just as I started to feed Noah, Sydney decided to start crying in her room. Thankfully she didn't get into her blood-curdling scream that she's been doing lately when she wakes up at night, just a quiet whining cry, so I just left her hoping she would go back to sleep without disturbing Jeff too much, and she did. Anyways, I was hoping that for some reason Noah would wake up feeling good this morning because I'm supposed to be serving in the nursery today at church, but no. He actually woke up even earlier than normal. I had mistakenly set my alarm clock wrong and Jeff woke me up twenty minutes after I was supposed to get up when he realized that my alarm hadn't gone off so I rushed to have a shower and start getting ready hoping that Noah was going to be good. As soon as I got out of the shower there was Noah, starting to cry. I had expected him to sleep right up until it was time to go, but no, he was up an hour and a half early. So I went and got him and noticed that he still was super congested and that I probably wasn't going to be going to church today. Just after I got Noah up Sydney decided that she should wake up too. So it's 6:45 and both kids are awake and ready to go. That's at least half an hour earlier, if not a full hour or more earlier than normal. Not a great start to my day, but well, that's life. So I got Sydney up and ready and fed Noah and then decided to give our preschool department coordinator (I have no idea what Penny's real position is called, but this sounds good to me) a call and fill her in on my situation and let her decide if she wants me to bring the kids and keep Noah in a play pen during the service so that I could help out or just stay at home. You probably figured out that she said to stay at home (it would be a little hard to type this while watching 8-15 babies) so now here I am, missing another day at church.
So what's going on? I don't think that there's anything that I'm doing or not doing that is keeping my house sick, but something must be up, right? Is it really normal to have this much "sickness" going around in my house? I know it's the time of year, and yes, there's been a lot going around the church nurseries, but still, I've kept my kids away when they're sick and we haven't really been there that much for them to get sick. So what's going on? I'm so fed up with all the colds and everything. It all started a couple months ago when Sydney got roseola, then when had some other generic viral colds, and those went around and around in our house, now I'm wondering if Noah has Fifth's Disease, his checks have been super red for the past day or two so I'm waiting to see if a rash develops on his body to confirm the diagnosis. I've been really trying to keep hands washed, but I'm probably not doing a good enough job, especially with all the runny noses and coughing that's been happening around here. I've been meaning to pull out the Lysol wipes and wipe down all the toys and every surface possible, so I guess that will be the big job for today. Hopefully that will help destroy whatever it is that is keeping us sick. If you have any other ideas on what has been plaguing our family, I'd love ideas and solutions. Although if it includes anything that means hours of work, only suggest it if you're available to come and do the work for me, I've got enough regular work that I need to catch up on to fill all my time and more.
So that's what's been happening at our home. Hopefully I'll have some more fun and not so depressing stories soon. Until then, stay healthy.
Sunday, November 05, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Hey Char,
I totlaly get what you're saying. I remember those days. That hopefully is an encouragement that it will pass one day.....hopefully soon.
I remember when all three of the kids were sick, and seemed to catch one cold after another after another, and it felt like we were sick and missing church for months. At one point I just took them. I desperatly needed some adult conversation, and I figured that the reason my kids kept getting sick was because other less considerate parents weren't keeping theri kids home. It's not fun, but before you know it Sydney will be turning 10 and then you'll be wondering where all those years went.
Love ya! Sorry your're having a rough time right now. It's not forever, and just think. If they catch every cold known to man right now - when you finally send them to school, they won't miss a day. They'll have healthy amazing immune systems. That probably doesn't help much right now, but believe me it will be huge on day.
Hugs and Kisses
Post a Comment