Tuesday, May 30, 2006
Two Weeks Left and Counting... Hopefully...
So as of today I, hopefully, have two weeks left until I get to meet this new little baby that's so far been living inside of me. I say "hopefully" because if you've been keeping track of my progress you might realize that I'm only 37 weeks today, not 38 which would put me at "full term" in 2 weeks. Actually, according to the doctors you're considered "full-term" at 38 weeks, but most people consider 40 weeks "full-term". So after that little "lesson" (wow, I'm using a lot of quotations so far, probably a new record or something) the reason why I only have two weeks left, not three is that I'm planning on being induced on the 13th (maybe I should rethink that date... hmmm, how often is my kid going to have a birthday on Friday the 13th???!!!). As of right now that's the plan. There's always the possibility that either I'll go into labor on my own or that when the day comes, something will happen (like too many other people already delivering and no place for my "elective" induction) that will make it so that I don't get to go in, but I'm counting on it. I'm beyond miserable now. I do my best to put on a good face when I'm around other people, but as Jeff can attest, I'm starting to make him and Sydney pretty miserable too, so I can't wait for the next 14 days to go. Thankfully Jeff's mom is coming down in two days - yeah!!!! - so that she can help with everything around the house and with Sydney. If you've been to my house lately you've probably noticed that it's not the cleanest of places, but at least we all have clothes to wear and food to eat (most of the time). I'm just so excited to have someone else around here to help me out. I figured out today that I have about a two hour time of total alertness before I begin crashing. Basically two hours after I wake-up from either night or a nap I'm back to falling asleep, no matter where I am. It makes it a little hard to watch Sydney, but she's doing pretty good at not playing with knives or other sharp objects and well, Veggie Tales videos have become a good friend at key moments. If I just make it through the half hour or so after my two-hour period of alertness, I'm doing alright for another couple hours or so. I have resorted to small amounts of caffeine though to boost my levels of sanity. But only two more days and Jeff's mom will be here to relieve me of the stress of staying awake. Wow, that makes it sound pretty crazy, the stress of staying awake. Oh man, what am I going to do when it's back to just me and then I'll have two kids, and still no sleep because I'll be up all night feeding the baby or whatever. Ahhhh... why do people do this to themselves?? I just have to keep reminding myself that it's all worth it in the end, even during the middle it's worth it, so what if you're a little tired every now and then (okay most of the time in the beginning, middle and probably end too). Well, enough of my ranting about how tired and miserable I am (did I mention that my whole body is aching and at times it feels like the kid may just drop out of me - sorry if that's too much info.) here's the weekly photo for all to enjoy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment