It's back! It's so exciting! Sunday evening marked the beginning of electricity at our house and it was awesome! How exciting can electricity be you ask? Well, try being without it for almost a week, having to boil water on the bbq just to wash some dishes or feed your daughter, or take freezing cold showers, or wash a million dishes by hand (okay, so I'm sure that a few of you do that already, but I usually have a dishwasher and my hands just aren't used to it), or take all of your laundry to another location to wash them, or a bunch of other things that are too numerous to mention. So our electricity actually came back sort of on Friday, shortly after posting my last blog. I was so excited! Then, the excitement died quickly. I had tried to use my dishwasher (a ton of dished had been piling up due to my neglect or maybe just hope that power would come back soon) and discovered that it didn't work. Then to my chagrin I noticed that none of my other appliances were working properly, even my toaster wasn't working. Jeff and I freaked out; worried that something horrible had happened and would cost tons of money to fix. Thankfully our friend Chris's dad is a master electrician and gladly offered to come over and check things out. He discovered that it wasn't a problem with our electric in the house, but the service coming through from the electric company. That was great news because it wouldn't cost us anything to fix, but really bad news (or so we thought) because it meant that we had to wait for them to fix it and could do nothing more about it, meaning that it could have been until Nov. 22nd, yup, almost a complete month after the hurricane. But thankfully a crew from Mississippi (not Ohio or wherever Jeff thought it was from on his blog) was working on our block on Sunday evening. With our hopes optimistic we finished our walk home and a few minutes later the trucks pulled up in front of our place, praise the Lord! Shortly after the power went out, then came back on and everything worked! What a glorious moment. Although it was somewhat short lived when we realized that we still didn't have any cable, which means no TV (other than the six or so fuzzy station we get through our bunny ears), no internet and no phone (we have VoIP). In other words, pretty much no way to communicate with the outside world.
So here I am now at Jeff's office (poor guy is trying to work with Sydney banging away on his guitar while he figures parts out) getting my blog fix for the next little while. Because we have no cable at home, I'm not able to update this blog very often, but Jeff will be able to update his all the time while he's at work, so check out Jeff's blog for more constant updates. I'll try to continue coming to the office every once and a while so as to update everyone on things Jeff just might not think about (although after finishing reading his just a few moments ago, I realized I'm almost saying the same thing, so it's probably pretty repetitive reading both of ours, sorry).
Well, I have to get going, Jeff really needs to work and Sydney is making that a little difficult on him, so this needs to be the end. Just to let you know, we're all doing great, having an awesome time taking walks everyday, spending time together and just being family. Love to all.
Tuesday, November 01, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment