While we Sydney and I were in Canada, we were blessed with the awesome gift of one of my great friends, Ingrid Janzen, throwing Sydney a "Welcome to the World" party (like a baby shower, but well, a little after the fact). One of Sydney's favorite gifts was a Little People's Noah's Ark from her Auntie Janelle. She absolutely loves it and plays with it all day, every day. She even crawls around with various animals hanging from her mouth (kinda like a mommy animal carrying her young). She also has this gumball machine toy that she's had for quite a while and is just really starting to get the hang of how to use it - put the ball in the top, push the button, out comes the ball, put the ball back in the top, continue - and again, it's another of her favorite toys. She doesn't always get the idea of putting the ball in and often will just sit and bang two of the balls together, but generally speaking she gets the idea. Well, this afternoon Jeff and I were doing various things (he was playing NBA 2K6 on his PS2 and I was doing a Sudoku puzzle, which I find very addicting) and I stopped to check and see what Sydney was up to. She had decided that her two favorite toys would be better together. Yup, the balls for the gumball machine were no longer in the top of the toy, but to be replaced by a bunch of Noah's animals. She was continuously pushing the button trying to get the animals to go down like the balls, but nothing was happening. That is until like the 10th time pushing it when the Mommy Lion came down half way and got stuck turning the corner. It was so cute. She even had the Daddy Lion in there so they could go out two-by-two. Although she probably had no idea about the whole two-by-two idea, but I'll pretend she's a real genius and did. Then again, what genius puts animals in a gumball machine?!

Jeff and I, after recently taking this picture, have decided that the TV may be on a little too much in our home and will not be able to be on as often so that we don't raise an addict.
At least it's not all TV. I found her in her bedroom the other day sitting and enjoying some good literature.
But one of her favorite things to do still has to be taking a bath. We just got a new Target a few blocks from our house and I've already spent more than our budget there. I went during the grand opening and came home with buyer's remorse - I'd bought a few too many things, but I couldn't help it, I got a high off if it until I got home and realized what I had just done. Anyways I picked her up a bunch of bath toys and now there is nothing more exciting to her than taking a good bath and eating all the toys.
2 comments:
Awww what a cutie pie. Its nice to hear what you're up to. Keep the pictures coming!
Auntie Carissa
What a lovely window into your world - many thanks. Sydney looks so happy - and your home looks lovely. Lots of luv, Lee
Post a Comment