Yesterday was a big step for my littler girl... she lost her first tooth. Well, technically it was "extracted" but still, her first baby tooth is gone with a big adult tooth already taking it's place. I can't believe that we're already there. My first baby sure isn't a baby anymore!About a week ago while I was brushing her teeth I noticed a white bump behind her front bottom teeth. Not exactly sure what it was, I just watched it for a couple days. I figured that surely Syd was still way too young to be getting her adult teeth in, she's not even 5 yet! But nope, after a couple days the tooth broke through the skin and quickly started making it's presence known. Thankfully Syd never complained about any pain or anything. I was needing to schedule their bi-annual cleaning (that means every 6 months, right?!) so I figured that I'd do that and just get the dentist to check it out and do what needed to be done, no point paying for Syd to go in twice. Thankfully I was able to get a dentist appointment scheduled quickly and off we went, giving Sydney a little notice that she might have to have her baby tooth pulled. Boy was she excited! "Does that mean the tooth fairy will be coming???" That's really all she cared about. And sure enough, as soon as the dentist saw what was happening she immediately got Syd into the special room for some "happy air" so that they could pull it out. We definitely have found a great pediatric dentist, I would totally recommend her to anyone living in the Jupiter area! Anyway, Syd did great, they gassed her up, let her watch tv and went to work. After just a few minutes she came out smiling and happy and oh so proud of her baby tooth that was no longer in her mouth but was ready for the Tooth Fairy to come. Never once did she complain about any pain and she had very, very little bleeding, by the time we left the office it had completely stopped. I wish I could get a hold of some of that "happy air", there are definitely times when I could use it around here!
So last night she remembered to leave her tooth under her pillow and sure enough, the tooth was gone in the morning and the Tooth Fairy had left her some money. She was so excited this morning when she remembered to check and found the money. She came running into our room "Mommy, Mommy, the Tooth Fairy left me two quarters and some pennies and another coin and a paper money!!!!" It was too cute.
In a cute side story.... last night when Jeff and I were getting ready to head to bed and remembered that we needed to "help the Tooth Fairy out a little" we went looking on one of our counters for some money we knew we had left lying around. The coins were there but the one dollar bill that was by the coins and a wad of cash that Jeff had left by it from selling one of his guitar pedals was gone. We looked around the area and couldn't find it anywhere. Figuring that one of the kids must have taken it, off we went to tuck them in and do a quick check of their rooms. Sure enough Syd was the culprit. There in her little can where she keeps her few coins that she has was the wad of cash and the one dollar bill. So after taking the money back and laughing quietly at our little thief we left her the one dollar bill under her pillow along with the coins. She's never shown an interest in money before, really, so we never thought of having to put it away or at least out of sight, but I guess she's growing up in more ways than just loosing teeth!

No comments:
Post a Comment