Monday, February 09, 2009
"I've got boxing underwears just like you, Daddy"...
That's the priceless line that Jeff came home to hearing from Noah after work tonight. Today I braved Wal-Mart with the three kids to go in search of just the right multitude of underwear for the start of potty-training Noah. I've already waited way too long. My reason was "he's just not ready... he'll let me know when he's ready". But I think the reason behind the reason was more along the lines of "I'm too lazy to start, maybe he'll just do it by himself?!" So I bit the bullet and decided to go out and buy a butt load of underwear so that I'm not going to be washing it every half hour or so because we go through 6 pairs that quickly. I think I ended up with about 18 pairs, so that should last at least day one and part of day two, right?! I'm pretty sure I went through at least 10 pairs the first day with Sydney, so hopefully we'll make it through at least one day with 18 pairs. He was so excited about all of his new underwear that as soon as we got home he had to try almost all of them on. Now, I'm not actually starting potty training today, I'll start Wednesday (at least that's the plan as of right now because we're going out tomorrow and it seems a little silly to start today and then wear diapers or something tomorrow because we'll be out for a few hours). But I still let him wear one pair and try going on the potty. Sure enough, just like Sydney, after sitting on the potty for a couple minutes, nothing came out. But less than 30 seconds later there it was, the tell tail dark spots, wet legs and puddle just waiting to be cleaned up. Yup, should be a fun day Wednesday. To make things worse, I mean better, I'm working on getting Luke to drink formula from a cup (we skip the whole bottle stage, one less thing to ween from) and it hasn't been going all that well. As of today he's taking two cups a day, lunch and late afternoon and well, I guess he was starving enough by late this afternoon to drink most of the cup with minimal screaming, a huge improvement. So we'll see, by the end of this week I may be a complete wreck, or one really happy Mommy of a finally potty trained two-year-old and a partially weened 8-month-old. Only time will tell.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment