So I just got back from my weekly doctor's visit and the midwife that I saw gave me a bit of somewhat surprising news. Warning: if you're not one for any details about what happens when you're getting ready to have a kid please stop reading now and skip down to the next paragraph. So last week when I went to see the midwife I was barely 1 centimeter and 0% effaced. Not too crazy for still being 37 weeks. But this week some progress has been made. The midwife said that I'm now more than 2 centimeters and 80% effaced and my cervix is "very ripe" and ready pretty much any time now. She basically told me not to do a whole lot for the next week if I'm wanting to wait it out until my mom comes on the 20th. So those of you who picked the earlier days in the baby pool (I'll update it soon, but the kids are waking up from their naps and I've got to get going) could be the lucky winner or maybe not, who knows. With Syd I dilated pretty early, but didn't efface too much, with Noah it was pretty much the same. I think this is the most I've ever effaced this early on, but then my memory isn't exactly something that can be counted on at the moment. But in other news I did schedule an induction for Monday the 23rd if by chance I make it that far. So if you picked a day after the 23rd you're chances are looking pretty slim. There is always the chance that the hospital will be so busy on the 23rd that they won't take me and you could still win or that my labor would go on that long (please God nooooooo!) but it's not looking so good for you.
So now I'm off to try and do all those million things that I've been putting off and putting off because I just didn't think things would progress like this and well, I've been lazy. Time to pull out all the baby clothes and wash them, find the cradle from the back of the shed, find the car seat and figure out how to arrange the seats in the van, and maybe even get a bit of my bag packed or even begin to think about and write a list of what needs to be packed in case things start happening. So much to do and I guess it needs to be done sooner or later, so why not now. Oh and I have to plan a little birthday party for Noah for our family this Friday. I can't believe he's going to be 2! We don't have anything fancy planned, but I do want to make him a fun cake (I made an awesome dinosaur cake for him last year) and get some balloons and wrap a few presents that we've gotten for him. Well, off to get started. I'll update the baby pool and put up this weeks photos soon.
Wednesday, June 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Looks like I am definately out of the running! Bad news for me but I good news for you:)!!
Post a Comment