I love my husband... but well, sorry babe, but generally you're not the most romantic person. But then, neither of us really are. But he totally caught me by surprise on Sunday. Sunday morning was a little hectic as we both left the house before 8am to get to church. Jeff was out the door at 7:30 and I followed with both kids about 15 minutes later. So getting up and ready and being happy is enough of a good morning for me, I totally wasn't expecting breakfast in bed or anything like that for Mother's Day. Then off to church for a busy morning of leading worship (him) / teaching 20 2 & 3 year-olds (me). After a long and tiring morning I ran off home and started making the kids lunch so that I could get them off to bed for a nap for them and for me too. But as I started to go into the kitchen I noticed a bunch of roses and a card sitting there on the counter. I was in complete shock. I totally hadn't expected anything, but that they had just mysteriously showed up while we were all at church totally confounded me.
I was thinking through all the possibilities for how this wonderful gift arrived on my counter when I opened the card, read it and noticed that it said there was more waiting for me in the freezer. I opened the door to the freezer and was completely in love with my husband. He had also found a way to get my favorite ice cream in there - Dove's Unconditional Chocolate (with the best chocolate ganoche stuff ever!) So I was going over all these different scenarios in my head trying to figure out how he managed to pull it off... did he give someone the keys and get them to drop them off? Was I the worst wife in history and didn't notice him put them out this morning and totally never say thank you to him earlier? Did he ..... I couldn't really figure all that many other options out, but somehow he managed it. When he got home I was still reeling in amazement and gave him a great reaction (just what he hoped for, so he said). I finally figured it out later when talking to him about the service. You see, as soon as worship was over he peeled out of the church parking lot and headed home to set it all up for me and then raced back to the church to help pack everything up and make sure that if we came after service to see him, like we usually do, he'd be there. How he managed the whole thing and made it in time still amazes me, but what amazes me more is that he didn't end up with a super expensive Mother's Day gift because a traffic ticket was included in the cost. So ya, he's the best husband ever. I love surprises (hense us not finding out if we're having a boy or girl) and this was a great surprise - thanks Bru you're the best!
On to the next topic... I seem to have missed posting my mega-belly last week, sorry to all those hoping to feel good about themselves by seeing me look terrible. But this week I'll be sure to put it all out there for you. So here it is... 34 weeks, only 6 left to go!
Current Belly...

Noah Belly...

Sydney Belly...

No comments:
Post a Comment