So we're all driving home today after a fun morning of Chiro, the playground and then lunch at Dune Dogs Cafe (which after living just minutes away for almost three years I finally got to go to!) when I had a really smart moment. Not just any smart moment, but an S-M-R-T moment.
Jeff and I were talking about all the tv series that are going to be coming back soon (yeah!) and the fact that "24" is not going to be coming back at all, but skipping a year and coming back in the fall. So Jeff was wondering out loud what they were going to do with the 8 episodes that they have already taped. I said I figured that they would probably just use them next year and finish off the season with taping the rest of the episodes next year or something like that. Then I went on to say "So there's like, what, 22 episodes or something on average per season for each different series... so that means there should still be 14 episodes left to tape to complete the season?" That's when it hit me... or more accurately, Jeff... "Um, the shows called '24' so I think there just might be 24 episodes total, you know, one hour for each episode, or something like that." Now read that again in your most sarcastic voice possible and you'll get a more accurate feel of the conversation.
Yup, I really am that smart. Hmmm, how many episodes could there be in a show that the whole premise revolves around the fact that each episode is in real time, there are 24 hours in one day and each season is one day long. Gee I wonder... 24 maybe? Not 22? Wow, now that was a tough one.
Friday, February 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
well you are smarter than me... it took me reading it three times to do the math and figure it out!
Post a Comment