Saturday, December 08, 2007

Is It Still Considered "A Little While" When It's Been Three Months?

That's a question that I've been asking myself for the past couple days when trying to figure out what to write as my entry back into the blogging world. Can I actually say something like, "sorry, I know it's been a while since I wrote last..."? Or "I know it's been a while since the last time I wrote, so here's a quick update..."? The whole idea of a quick update of the last three months seems a bit absurd at the moment. How do I describe three months of happenings at the Thompson household in brief, yet with enough detail for it to all make sense? Can I even remember what has happened in the past three months? That question might be a little easier to answer. NO! So what are you going to get to read as an entry point back into my family and my lives? Maybe I should start with the bigger/more fun news from the past few months, or maybe I should just leave you wondering what that news might be and start with the boring, day to day happenings and highlights and then move on to bigger and better things. Hmmmm, what to do, what to do? Is the suspense killing you yet, or are you ready to give up with all this blah, blah, blahing.

Maybe I'll start with one of the main reasons that it's been so long since my last post. Over a month ago (it's been something like 5 or 6 weeks or more now) Jeff sent the motherboard of our main computer off to get some warranty work done on it. The company that we (I guess more like he) dealt with was horrible. Long story short it took like a month to get the motherboard back with frustratingly little communication between the company and us. Like none, even when Jeff initiated multiple times to get any info on a time line or anything. Anyways, we finally got the motherboard back and Jeff worked on re-installing it and spent a very frustrating couple of hours trying to make it work before being able to confirm that it was DOA. After the main frustration was barely starting to wear off more frustration started happening. At this point we'd been without our main computer (and the bulk of all our files) for about a month. Jeff tried contacting the company again and again, but with little to no luck. When Jeff finally talked to a human at the company (rather than an answering machine that he'd previously been trying to connect with) the excuse that they gave Jeff for their lack of service was that they only had one tech guy working at the moment and were very short staffed. Now I don't know about you, but I kinda think that a computer hardware company should have more than one tech guy. It just kinda makes sense. So, now to try and really make this long story short (I know I haven't been doing so well with that) we decided to just go and buy a new motherboard from a different company rather than trying to keep dealing with the same stupid company and have to wait another month to find that it's still not working.

So, if you're still reading this and have made it through all that drivel, you're probably ready for some real news. So I guess, this is where I should put it in. I'm not really sure how to say this, but I'm trying to find just the right words. I want it to be funny, or smart, or cute, or just "something" but well, I've been pretty sick for the past couple days with a nasty cold that's totally knocked me off my feet and my brain hasn't quite recovered yet and well, it's still considerably early in the morning and my mind hasn't fully woken-up (wow, I really don't know what the proper conjugation of that verb is, so if that's not even a real word, you try to figure out what the proper word is and let me know) so a great line just isn't coming to me. I guess this is really just my main excuse for not writing in the past few months.


Yup, that's right, baby number three is going to be joining our family sometime around June 22nd. Poor kid will have to share a birthday right around Noah's (June 13th, but he was due June 20th). But that's why the writing has been so sparse, more like non-existent. I've been so tired with this baby that when I have had a moment to think straight and possibly write something here for all of you to see, I just can't. My brain still isn't totally focusing and I'm sure that's coming out in my writing, but well, it's time to come back whether this all makes sense or not. We've been waiting and waiting for the first twelve weeks to go by so we could finally let it slip, and holy crap it's been going slow. But yeah, it's finally here. Well, I guess technically it's not until tomorrow (Sunday) that I'll be twelve weeks, but as you can see from the ultrasound (well, you probably can't really see, but you probably get the point) the baby is doing well and we figured a day or two early wouldn't hurt. We had a couple scares early on that this pregnancy, like the one that ended way to early back in August wasn't going to make it, but now we're out of the main danger zone and the baby looks great. When I had my first doctor's appointment a week and a half ago I got to hear the baby's heartbeat and that was a major relief. And then yesterday seeing the baby moving and waving and the heart beating just gave me so much more hope. I'm in a position I never ever though I'd be in when I was younger and thinking about having kids. I'm now pregnant for the 5th time. I had always figured I'd have three kids and three pregnancy, seems like good math to me. But I guess God had different plans. I'm figuring this will be a good excuse though for getting in to the pregnancy clothes a little earlier this time. Everyone says that you show earlier and earlier with each pregnancy, so with number five I should be ready for those maternity clothes any day now. I'm actually doing pretty good in that department so far. I haven't gained any weight yet and all my clothes still fit, albeit, the elastic waist sweat pants have been more of a staple lately, especially when the nausea is bad. Being able to wear my normal clothes has definitely helped being able to try and conceal the whole pregnancy until we were ready to tell. I was a little afraid that I'd be getting really big early and having to try and tell people that I must just be getting fat. But thankfully now I have an excuse for those extra pounds, I'm not just getting fat, I'm pregnant!

So I guess that's the real reason that the blogging has just been missing. It's a pretty good reason if you ask me. Hopefully I'll be a little better at keeping up with it now. I should hopefully be making it out of the "all I can do is sleep" stage soon and keep the updates coming.

If you've made it this far I'm really impressed. I was going to write some of the other highlights of the past couple months, but well, this is already pretty long. So maybe I'll write again later when my brain is at full function and I can think and you have a few more minutes to spare to read more about my super interesting life (or maybe you just need something to waste a few minutes while bored at work). Anyways, until later.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Char,
I'm so happy for you guys.
Congratulations, babe.
Love you lots,
Debbie

Anonymous said...

Congrats Thompson Family!

We're rooting for another girl!!

Love Uncle Matt, Auntie Carissa & Baby Katie.

the jordans said...

Congratulations! Your mumma just told me if I haven't checked here in awhile then I better! Yeah!

By the way...we get a little boy this time!
cadi and the jordans xo

Anonymous said...

Congratulations from the Scott Family in Orlando! I remember when you were pregnant with Noah... you didn't look pregnant until your last trimester!! The ultrasound is super clear and so cute! Sorry to hear about your computer though. Thom dealt with a guy last year who never returned our calls or our computer but cashed our deposit check! OUCH!
Hope the 4th month brings some energy back for you!