Saturday, December 16, 2006

Christmas Is Coming...

I could start this post with all the excuses that I have for not putting anything new up for so long, and believe me I have a few, but well, I'm not going to. So here I go, into the real post.

I can't believe it, there's only 9 sleeps until Christmas. I get so lost in what time of year it is down here in South Florida. According to the weather and my knowledge from growing up in Canada, here in South Florida, it's only around September or maybe early October. It's only sorta cool and for the past couple of days it's been raining, so I think that puts it around late September. That means that in the next 9 days it needs to get really cold and maybe even a light dusting of snow to get me into the Christmas mood in time for Christmas. I don't think that that's going to happen, so I guess I'm just going to have to learn a whole new feeling for Christmas. But it's so hard when for 20 years Christmas came after a couple of months of cold weather and winter feelings, not sun and hot and walking on the beach. Oh well, such is life. We have done a bit of decorating to get into the mood, and a couple days ago we all did the cutest craft to bring some Christmas spirit. Here's a pic of our family of reindeers that we made by tracing our feet and hands. They were so much fun to make and are so cute hanging on the wall. Sydney loves the googly eyes. I'm hoping we'll remember to do this every year and that we'll have a fun way to watch as the kids grow and so does our family.

Here are a couple of pics from the past couple days. I was going to write more, but Noah has decided that my time has come to an end. Have a great Christmas season!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Finally! Its great to see an update on you guys!

Merry Christmas!!

Carissa

Anonymous said...

thanks for news and pics - love those reindeer! :) Hugs, Lee