Well, today is Jeff and my 4th Anniversary. To let you all know just how perfect we are together I'll let you in on a little secret from today. Around 11:30 this morning Jeff called all freaked out. He had just looked at his Outlook calendar at work and realized that it was our anniversary, he had totally forgotten. He was feeling so bad, thinking that I was horrified at him for not remembering our anniversary. But the truth is that only around half an hour before he called had I looked at my calendar and realized that it was our anniversary today. I was trying to think of what to do, knowing that we are not really going to "celebrate" our anniversary in any way today because he has worship practice tonight, I was trying to figure out if I should run to the store and buy a card for him, or if I should wait and give him a card on whatever day we decided to celebrate on. I've since decided that a card is over-rated, but declaring my love for him here for all the world to see (okay, maybe I'm over-exaggerating just a little, but it's possible for all the world to see) is the perfect solution. That way he knows that I'm thinking of him and loving him (see Jeff, I didn't totally forget) and everyone else can know how great he is too. I'll have to give him something privately I guess too, but I'm not quite sure yet.
So, without further adieu....
Jeff,
You are the most amazing person in the whole world. I'm so glad that I've gotten to spend the last four years married to you. We've been through a lot and this year was no exception. A new house, a new baby, a new van, and a whole bunch of other new things that I'm forgetting right now (I'm still a little tired from the new baby you gave me). Thank you so much for all that you give me and do for me. From the little day-to-day things like waking up early to take care of Sydney to the big things like all the hard work you have put into the house, or even the hard work of having a baby - I know it was hard work, but fun. (Sorry if I've said too much or offended anyone.) It makes me so happy to see how great you do with the kids, things like the other night when you locked us out of the van at the Plourde's and Sydney was super sleepy but didn't want to be in my arms, but yours. Also how much you love taking Sydney on "dates" to the splash park puts a huge smile on my face. Thank you for being an amazing example of God's love for his children in the way you love our children.
Well, this is our anniversary, not Father's Day, so I guess I should also thank you for loving me so amazingly. Thank you for the support you've been when I'm tired and stressed out. Thank you for realizing that spending a day with the kids really can be stressful and for doing something to help me de-stress by taking us all to the beach. You've been amazing this past year, working so hard on the house and complaining very little that I couldn't help that much because I was pregnant. Thank you also for loving me in the midst of pregnancy induced hormonal craziness. You know I try not to let my hormones win, but I know they did a few times this year and thank you for not taking my craziness out on me, but realizing that it was hormones and not me speaking. I really can't express how thankful I am to have you for a husband, or how proud. I think I stood taller and prouder than I have in a long time after hearing you speak in church a couple Sundays ago. Every Sunday I am proud to say that I'm your wife, but this Sunday I was exceptionally proud. Especially after all the great comments that people kept telling me. You are so gifted and talented (and I'm a little redundant, but whatever) and knowing that you chose me to come home to is a real privilege.
Thank you for a great year and I can't wait to see what this next year will have in store for us.
I love you tons and tons and tons.
Always and Forever,
Charlene
Thursday, August 10, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment