Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Strange abilities...

I have this uncanny ability to look at what may seem like completely random patterns (I guess they can't really be patterns if they're random?!) and see strange faces and things in them. I haven't used my "ability" that much until just a few moments ago. I had just finished reading my Bible when I looked up at our plaster ceiling while thinking about what I just read. I suddenly am totally distracted by this odd face thing staring at me. I continuing looking around in the same area only to see multiple more faces. Needless to say that by this point my mind has completely wondered off what I was just moments before reading to remembering back to the many times as I was growing up and would see faces in the strangest things. Some of you may think I'm crazy, but I'd like to think of it more like "imaginative" or "creative" or something like that. Crazy is just well, a little, crazy too me. Sure I may be a little eccentric or something, but not crazy. Anyways, now that I was totally distracted from my Bible reading (I said a quick prayer, probably to ease my guilt of being so easily distracted, to "finish" my Bible time) I took a few quick moments to remember some of the different things that I would picture faces in while growing up. Surprisingly (although a little concerningly) most of my memories involve the bathroom. Like the tile floor and the speckles in it, or the counter tops and the speckles in them. Then of course there's the bathroom ceiling, and when the shower doors hadn't been cleaned in a while, the soap spots on them (sorry Mom, I'm not trying to make you out to be a bad cleaner or anything, you're anything but... but one of the kids whose job for the week was to clean the bathroom often overlooked the glass shower doors, more than likely, me). Basically anywhere that I needed a quick and item-less form of entertainment I could just take a moment and find a funny, distorted face in my surroundings. Wow, I'm really beginning to sound sick. Maybe I need to visit a psychologist, or maybe a doctor about spending too much time in the bathroom. Sorry, probably a little too much info there. But really, anywhere that I was as a child I could pretty much discover a funny face. Even now as I'm writing this I glance at our walls, which are freshly painted, over layers and layers of uneven, rough paint, and am able to in milliseconds pull a face out of the rough surface. Maybe that's why I had such an easy time seeing both the young beautiful woman and the old hag in that picture that's supposed to figure out how you think or something. Who knows, maybe it just means I'm a genius. I think I'll take that approach rather than the sick and twisted approach.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Definitely genius!!

Anonymous said...

a delightful entry - creative for sure. Lots of luv, Lee